Friday, November 13, 2009

The Vow of Emotional Independence

The Vow of Emotional Independence

This vow’s proclamation says I, _________, _________, will no longer be bound by the slavery of my past.
I will never again give my power away to some food or substance or disempowering craving.
I will stop allowing others to define who I am and I will stand for my highest expression.
I will stop trying to please others and instead please myself.
I will stop listening to the voice of my critical internal mother and father and I will listen to the voice of my most supportive and loving self.
I will break free from the strangulating grip of myself-defeating behaviours and choose powerfully each and every moment to make choices that leave me feeling great about myself and my life.
I take this vow NOW as a positive stand for my soul’s highest expression and for every man, woman, and child on this planet today.
As I set myself free, I am freeing all others from the violence of my darkest thoughts and my negative projections.
And now, as I close my eyes, I ask all the powers that be to support me in living this vow each and every moment of each and every day.
And it shall be

Written by: Debbie Ford

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi les, i did not read this until this morning, I took the Vow - Thanks, I am twittering too, but am having some technical difficulties!